Microsoft is planning to release the Windows 8 OS in no less than 9 different versions, the newest one being Windows 8 Professional Plus Edition.
The clues for the existence of a new Windows edition were discovered in the registry of the newly released Windows 8 Consumer Preview, which was downloaded an analyzed by users from all over the world.
According to current information, Microsoft will release Windows 8 in the following versions:
- Windows 8 Starter edition
- Windows 8 Home Basic Edition
- Windows 8 Home Premium edition
- Windows 8 Professional edition
- Windows 8 Professional Plus edition
- Windows 8 Enterprise Edition
- Windows 8 Enterprise Edition Eval
- Windows 8 Ultimate edition
- Windows 8 ARM edition
The new name, used for the first time in the case of a Windows operating system, does not say that exactly does it bring new to the table. But, we might find out more details next week at CeBIT, an event during which Microsoft announced that they are going to reveal new details about the Windows 8 Enterprise Edition versions and other features included in the new Windows 8 operating system.