Google officially announced that they are going to distribute the Android 4.0 upgrade for Nexus S users.
if you own a Nexus S smartphone and you can’t wait until Google releases it officially for you, here are the steps to follow to update to the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system.
1. Download OTA Package
2. Rename the archive in update.zip
3. Copy update.zip in the root of your Nexus S Smartphone
4. Hold the Volume Up button while you also press the on/off button.
5. Your screen will display a update message
6. use the volume controls to navigate
7. Choose the Recovery option and press the Power button
8. When you see the triangle icon and a exclamation point press Power and Volume Up at the same time, choose Apply sdcard:update.zip from the menu.
9. Right after you see “Install from sdcard complete” choose “Reboot System Now” and wait for your phone to restart ( it may take up to 5 minutes ).
The update is not for CDMA models, but only for Nexus S GSM. The announcement first appeared on the GoogleNexus official Twitter account.
Android 4.0 ice Cream Sandwich, according to people who tested is, is a huge step forward taken by Google in creating a stable and flexible mobile operating system.